Saturday, July 5, 2008

6/29/08 Hills of the West Coast Ride Report

From Jeff (Ride Leader for the 6/29/08 Hills of the West Coast ride:

"Ride recap: It was indeed very hot--pushing 90 at the end! The consensus among altimeters was about 4500 feet total elevation gain(for those who did all of the climbs.) Major hills: Tiger mountain x2, 112th/Licorice, 79th from Coal Creek to the top of Newcastle with the optional bump to the golf club afterwards. I arrived in Puerto Vallarta on Monday and it was actually cooler than Seattle! Good to see that we're back to "normal" here and it looks like we'll have good weather for the 6th".

As I had just returned from Europe the night before (with my bicycle still in a European baggage department), my participation was limited to watching the ride start from my living room window. I counted 13 riders, and it sounds like it was a good ride.

No comments: