Saturday, December 6, 2008

Alpes-Maritime of Provence 2009 Tour


I have decided I’m going back to Europe in 2009. I’m returning to the French Maritime Alps.

CBC’s International Tours Group has partnered up with VeloSki Tours to offer Cascade Bicycle Club members an incredible trip from 9-6-09 to 9-18-09:

http://www.cascade.org/EandR/tours/alpes_maritime/index.cfm

The trip size will be limited to 10-12 riders, and I have heard fantastic things about VeloSki. VeloSki is owned and operated by Pacific Northwest people, and the principals have many years of experience from years of guiding for the Seattle based Erickson Cycle Tours company.


In 2007, I took a trip to the Pyrenees with Cycle Miles, a German tour company. It was my first commercial tour, and I was blown away by how hard the guides worked to make sure we had an incredible trip.

The 2009 tour includes 12 days and nights in Europe’s Maritime Alps. The price includes accommodations and exceptional tour support. All accommodations are three-star. The early-bird price is 2000 Euros (until 1-15-09), or about $2530 at today’s exchange rate. This price includes everything except for your airfare and all but two lunches/dinners.

Yes, the economy is horrible, but this is a tremendous deal, considering the level of service that VeloSki offers on their trips, and the fact that group size is limited to 12 riders. See below for a word from Tom Napa about VeloSki. Tom is a local Seattle rider whom you may know.

To get a clear picture of the VeloSki tour’s value take a look and compare the 2009 Erickson Maritime trip to VeloSki’s:

http://www.ecycletours.com/Content2009/13-maritime_alps.htm

CBC has negotiated special pricing for Cascade members on this trip, and I am helping to get the word out, and answer any questions that I can. I was just in this region in June of this year, and it’s one of my favorite places to cycle in the world. That’s why I am going back.

Let me know if you are interested, and maybe we can put together a group of people who know each other.

From Tom Napa:

"Just an unsolicited endorsement regarding VeloSki and Larry Smith who runs
the company. I have taken 2 Tours with VeloSki....the Swiss Alps in 2007 and Austrian
Tyrols in 2008....both exceeded my expectations in every regard. The routes
were scenic and as challenging as one would want. Larry typically has at
least 2 routes to choose from everyday....a challenging one and one less so. The
accommodations are typically local 3 (if not better) star establishments
that I look forward to returning to on my own in the future. And the meals
are memorable....not to mention wine/beer with dinner.

Larry has led groups for years previously with Erickson and for the past 2
years has been on his own. He knows the cycling roads of Europe like we
know the Burke Gilman Trail! He'll take care of you and your bike from the
moment you land till the time you take-off for home. It’s well worth the
commitment in time, training, and dollars...especially as the US$
strengthens. I highly recommend whatever trip VeloSki/Larry has arranged."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any tours if you go by bicycle its really a good service if it is a provence tours it will be more beautiful